I research and design digital experiences. My approach combines theory from my PhD with 20+ years of technical production experience in consumer electronics and video games.
I have created a number of tech “firsts” in smartphones, toys, and video games. I have contributed to over 50 products including top-selling electronic toys, innovative health apps, and smash hit video games.
I collaborate in, build, and lead product teams, typically in Silicon Valley style ‘lean startup’ models.
- Gather, develop ideas into a product concept. Help stakeholders design ‘idea pipeline’ (criteria, process)
- Create low-fidelity prototypes (paper, sketches, mockups)
- Preproduction (semi-functional and functional prototypes, write specs)
- Production (recruiting and managing production teams, agile product design)
- Needs discovery (ethnographic field interviews, lab focus groups, co-design)
- User Testing during production (field trials, focus groups, tech/performance, efficacy estimates “Rapid Eval” method)
- Academic Efficacy Study (lit review, instrument design, IRB approval; recruiting, screening, interviewing, coding, analysis, report writing)
Contact info: email@example.com, 510-485-9448