I research and design digital experiences.
I build and lead product teams, typically in Silicon Valley style ‘lean startup’ models.
From my PhD and 20+ years of technical production experience, I am expert in adapting design principles from multimedia, especially video games, to aims beyond entertainment.
- Early stage: Gather, develop ideas into a product concept. Help stakeholders design ‘idea pipeline’ (criteria, process)
- Create low-fidelity prototypes (paper, sketches, mockups)
- Preproduction (semi-functional and functional prototypes, write specs)
- Production (recruiting and managing production teams, agile product design)
Design Research skills:
- Needs discovery (ethnographic field interviews, lab focus groups, co-design)
- User Testing during production (field trials, focus groups, tech/performance, efficacy estimates “Rapid Eval” method)
- Academic Efficacy Study (lit review, instrument design, IRB approval; recruiting, screening, interviewing, coding, analysis, report writing)
Over the last 20 years, I have created a number of tech “firsts” in smartphones, toys, and video games. I have contributed to over 50 products including top-selling electronic toys, innovative health apps, and smash hit video games.
Most of my products have been used in entertainment, healthcare, web, consumer electronics, mental health/ social services industries. I have also worked in automotive, fashion, and academia, internationally and across USA. I am based in Oakland, California.
Contact info: email@example.com, 510-485-9448